Ramadan is considered to be the holiest month for Muslims all over the world. It is a time when we fast from dawn till dusk and engage in acts of worship to strengthen our relationship with Allah (SWT).
Allah (SWT)'s mercy is infinite, and during the first ten days of Ramadan, we should strive to seek His forgiveness and mercy. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, "The first ten days of Ramadan are the days of mercy. If anyone observes fasting in these days seeking the pleasure of Allah (SWT), he will be rewarded with forgiveness." (Sahih Bukhari).
Here are five ways to reap the most rewards during the first ten days of Ramadan:
1. Observe fasting: Fasting during Ramadan is one of the most important acts of worship. It is an act of submission to Allah (SWT)'s command and a way to seek His pleasure. During Ramadan, we should make an effort to observe fasting with sincerity and devotion.
2. Offer Taraweeh prayers: Taraweeh is a special prayer offered during Ramadan after the Isha prayer.
3. Recite Quran: Ramadan is the month of the Quran, and because Ramadan multiplies your good deeds by at least 10x, reciting the Quran during this month brings immense reward. During Ramadan, we should make an effort to recite the Quran regularly and try to understand its meaning.
4. Give Sadaqah and Zakat: Giving charity is an act of worship that pleases Allah (SWT) and helps us purify our wealth. During the first ten days of Ramadan, we should make an effort to give charity to those in need and strive to help others in any way we can.
5. Seek forgiveness: The first days of Ramadan, Allah showers us with His mercy. We should take advantage of this opportunity to seek His forgiveness and repent for our sins.
Allah (SWT) says in the Quran, "O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous." (Quran 2:183).
Ramadan is a month of spiritual renewal, and during the first ten days, we have a unique opportunity to seek Allah (SWT)'s mercy and forgiveness. We should strive to make the most of this opportunity by engaging in acts of worship and seeking His pleasure.
The first ten days of Ramadan are a time of immense blessings, and we should make an effort to reap the most rewards during this period. By observing fasting, offering Taraweeh prayers, reciting Quran, giving charity, and seeking forgiveness, we can strengthen our relationship with Allah (SWT) and attain His mercy and forgiveness. As the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, "Whoever fasts Ramadan with faith and seeking reward from Allah (SWT) will have his previous sins forgiven." (Sahih Bukhari).